Federbein hinten

Die Mutter dieses Forums.
ronenfe
Profi
Profi

Re: Federbein hinten

Beitrag von ronenfe »

Yes it was the piston band o ring that was torn together with the piston band, it's the second time the piston band gets torn on me and second time the seal fails and oil leaks. I don't know why.
Anyway what does the the sentence I highlighted mean? Why not to put back the plate?
Dateianhänge
2021-05-10_19-59-06.png
2021-05-10_19-59-06.png (151.31 KiB) 1459 mal betrachtet
takoda
Spezialist
Spezialist

Beitrag von takoda »

Maybe you're supposed to replace it with a new one?
...still out here in the wind and rain ~ I look a little older but I feel no pain...
1998 XF650 ~ 2004 GS500F ~ 1994 GS500E ... 4 life!!!
.::Snailie, die Schrauberschnecke::.
Xplorer
Spezialist
Spezialist

Beitrag von Xplorer »

It's a kind of security clip, security ring whatever. I reused it and it should normally work. Just take care Not to damage it when disassemble the shock.

Remember or take a pic of the correct position, that's it.

When piston Ring and oring getting destroyed, have a look at the tube inside and check if there are sharp edges or dents and flatten them carefully.

In the best case, use a new Teflon piston Ring and Not the old plastic one.

My Suspension is completely servied by myself few weeks ago with better gliding rings and its enormous what difference good parts are compared to stock material. For shure, nö Öhlins or Wilbers but quite good.

Have fun with your shock Service.
Das Leben ist wie eine Kokosnuss.
Außen hart und innen Kokogeschmack.

Konfuzius
ronenfe
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von ronenfe »

After digging some info, I think they meant not to use the plate only if you lower the bike. The whole instructions there is about lowering the bike.
This plate is there probably to make it hard for users from lowering the bike without flipping the spring seat like they should, to prevent the wheel to touch the fender on strong compressions of the suspension.

I used a hone this time to smoothen the cylinder, hope it will help, and I hope the seal is not destroyed when I put it in. It's hard to get parts for this shock, I ordered the same parts I ordered the last time, from suspension direct website.

Where do you get the parts from?

Maybe it got torn when I ran the bike without suspension oil for a while?
Xplorer
Spezialist
Spezialist

Beitrag von Xplorer »

You ran the suspension without oil? Serious? O.o

Absolutely Not wondering if this kills parts in the inside haha XD

I've ordered in an online Shop but Not remembering the name and unfortunately Not the the dimensions.
Can you measure the size of the piston Ring? Diameter, height and thickness?

BR
Das Leben ist wie eine Kokosnuss.
Außen hart und innen Kokogeschmack.

Konfuzius
Bernd der Zweite
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von Bernd der Zweite »

Ich habe jetzt auch mein Federbein überarbeitet. Zuvor ist das Heck immer eingesunken wenn man da Motorrad vom Ständer geholt hat. Auch war es einfach möglich die XF auf dem Seitenständer einfach auf die andere Seite um-zuschmeißen. Ich habe mir eine neue Feder aus dem DR Shop gekauft und eingebaut. Das ist ein unterschied wie Tag und Nacht. Das Federbein sinkt nicht mehr ein. Das Federbein federt jetzt so wie es soll. Also ich muss sagen die neue Feder war sein Geld wert.

Gruß
Bernd
1. Yamaha TRX 850 83 PS
2. Yamaha XJ 600 N 61PS
3. Suzuki VX 800 50 PS
4. Sachs Roadster 650 50 PS
5. Suzuki Freewind 650 48 P
6. Yamaha XV 535 Virago 45 PS
7. Yamaha XV 250 Viagro 22 PS
8. Honda two fifty 18 PS
9. Suzuki Marauder 800 50 PS
ronenfe
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von ronenfe »

Hi, I am rebuilding it again and I have two questions, does the compression adjuster have 2 washers at end like the dr350?

Can anyone take a picture of the piston stack , some of the washers fell off and I want to make sure It's the right order also I don't know what is the piston top side.
Antworten